Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my!!


Today was Lexi's field trip to the zoo! I, of course, had to go. If I don't go on field trips with her then the school nurse has to go because of the diabetes. It's kind of nice because I don't have to wait to be "chosen" by the lottery system to be a chaperon. I am one, always! I enjoy going on these trips with the kids. They have so much fun.
I did get "stuck" with one little girl who cried the entire time that she missed her mom. This same little girl has been crying all day, every day for her mom. I was kind of frustrated because I had to monitor Lexi all day, with blood sugars and food. It added to the pressure. I made sure to keep the little girl close and to remind her that her mom would be sad that she was crying and not enjoying herself. I told her if she needed anything I would be more than happy to help. I made sure she was OK, but boy was it grueling to deal with one more thing. She finally settled down after I gave her my IPOD to listen to her favorite songs of Hannah Montana. She listened for a little while and was fine.
We were so tired by the time we got to the bus. It was all worth it though. Lexi couldn't wait to sit next to me on the bus. Oh how I know times will change in the near future :( I hope these days last a LONG time!!

1 comment:

phonelady said...

amen I remember that feeling . My little boy used to do that too . He is also a type 1 but not so little anymore . He is now 25 and takes care of himself or so he likes to think . I know what you mean about those days lasting for longer . Oh well good to meet you and know you through your blog .