Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Words of Eli

I have to love all the little sayings Eli comes up with lately. He ponders things that my girls never took note of. He always brings a smile to my lips when he thinks out loud. Yesterday he was making his own "private club" because the girls have their own with some neighborhood girls. He came to me with a tablet of paper, numbered lines and his name on the first line. He asked me if I would like to join his private club. I was, of course, honored. I proudly wrote my name in slot #2. It won't be long before I am banned from his "private" life so I have to take every chance I get now. He even made a special badge for me to wear. I have it sitting on my desk now :)
It poured rain yesterday while we were driving home yesterday from David's work. He had to bring a gas can in the car because he had to take it to work that morning. It reeked of gas fumes and we tried to keep the windows opened so we wouldn't pass out! We were getting soaked though. Eli commented "Mommy, God must be REALLY sad today! There are a lot of rain drops." You see Eli says God is crying when it rains. I commented back, "Yes buddy, he must be really sad." I could see his face thinking through the rear view mirror. "Mommy, do you think he's sad because Daddy brought in that gas tank and we are going to pass out now?"

Oh my sentiments exactly Eli, what was Daddy thinking?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!! That was priceless!