Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Always Knew Swine Were Dirty!!

Some schools here are closed tomorrow due to the swine flu. My girls school is still open, but the schools closes are very close to where we are. I think the media is blowing all of this out of proportion, but this is very close to home now.

I don't know whether to send my girls to school tomorrow though. They are at high risk because of the diabetes. I also don't want to be paranoid, but I want to be smart and safe. They normally get a flu shot every season because of this risk. The people who have died from this strain have been people with underlying medical issues. Am I making to much of this?

I always knew swine were dirty!! I hope this passes fast and that is really is just a scare that will die down soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow , well I'll admit that this is a fear I've had since I first heard about this - I tend to be overprotective and I would probably keep them home at least for a day or two (but now you have the weekend). It just seems awfully close to your school, otherwise I wouldn't say that - but like I said, overprotective me :-D