Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Junior High

So my oldest is going to junior high next year!! Ugh, where has time gone? I have so many worries and reservations for her going to junior high. I wish I could make time stop and she could still by my baby.
She's off to her step up day there today. The school took all the fifth graders today so they can see what "life as a six grader looks like". We didn't even find out until yesterday!! We were very disappointed because it meant we had to rush to get her ready for blood sugar checks, snacks, ect while she was gone. I hate unorganization!!! I try to keep people informed so they can plan around events. The school did not do that for us, or for any of the parents. I am unsure of how many parents even know that their kids are on a bus today and at a different school. So unreliable.
Cerriah has a lot of worries about junior high. She worries about kids making fun of her and her diabetes. She worries about having to miss class to go get her BS checks. She worries about making it down to the nurses office in time. So many things that diabetes inhibits her from doing. She misses class often because of nurse visits. It's so unfair.

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I can't believe it is happening so soon also. The only comfort I can offer you is that she is so mature and responsible. I wish she didn't have to be, but she really knows what is going on and was so calm and responsible when we were messing with the pump last night. Hopefully she will be able to calm her nerves some.