Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The mind of a four year old!

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

My four year sold and I were in Target one day and he kept on "Holding" himself in that certain area (you know what I mean). I am alarmed as I don't want him to get into this habit! He's only four, haha. So I ask him politely, " Do you have to go to the washroom?"
He replies, "No Mommy."
He continues to "hold" himself and I ask again "Do you have to go to the washroom?"
"No Mommy."
It continues and I am getting rather impatient! I ask once more, with a more serious tone, " Do you have to go to the washroom??"
Well he was getting impatient with me too! I had asked him a few times and he had answered me, so he says in a higher tone.
"No Mommy! My penis just ITCHES!"
We got a lot of curious looks and laughter from other mom's nearby. Thank God they all understood the mind of a four year old!