Thursday, January 8, 2009

Little Miracles

Today I am sitting her at my computer reading some of the stories about infant losses. Everytime I read them I start crying, knowing exactly how that mother felt as their baby was ripped from their womb. I was overcome and started asking God why do people have to go through this? Why do the moms that want a child the most, can't have them?

It then comes to my memory of how my children got here. One month before I got pregnant with Cerriah, my doctor had told me I possibly could never get pregnant on my own. To my surprise, I did. God had provided me a miracle.

When I was pregnant with Lexi, they told me at her ultrasound that she was missing a chamber in her heart. When she was born they did an eco and her heart was normal!! God had given me another miracle!

My little Elijah! I was in the hospital for a week before I had him and they finally had said they would induce because his heart rate would disappear from the monitors several times a day. He was 4 weeks early. Thank God they did induce because I had a placenta abruption that same day. If I had not been in the hospital he would have died. His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck as well, and as he came out he was spinning. He had unwrapped the umbilical cord himself! The doctor was amazed. I knew it was God's miracle again.

Just a few seconds ago I get an email from my little Lexi, telling me she loves me and misses me in school. How blessed I am to have my kids. I sometimes dwell on the bad things, like them having diabetes and my son passing, but I was just reminded by God how sometimes miracles do happen.

Don't lose hope. I know the journey seems long and slow, but I completely believe in miracles. I am a product of them.

I am praying for some people right now, for a miracle to happen in their life. There is one in particular that I hold my breath for. I know she would make the best mommy ever, and I want to see that happen. MAY MIRACLES FALL ON YOUR DOORSTEP IN 2009!

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Your children are blessings for us all! They are beautiful and you are such an amazing mother. I love that Lexi emailed you. =) So sweet.